Saturday, June 4, 2011

Unit 3 Reflection

  1. Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?
I would rate my physical wellbeing at a 9 because I truly feel like my physical health is at the best in my 27 years; I would not say that it is a 10 because I also believe that there is always room for improvement. Spiritually on the other hand, I have to rate myself at about a 5. Spiritually I feel that my life did have purpose at one time but a series of event took place and somewhere in the last four years or so I feel like I lost that purpose. I feel like I am making progress in the right direction but haven’t quit reach spiritual inner peace.  Psychologically I rate myself about a 7. I tend to deal with stress for the most part very well but again still have goals to work towards.
  1. Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).
Physically I would be happy just to maintain my health. Spiritually I would like to really secure a true purpose in my life and psychologically I would like to be able to train my mind to become a mental Olympian.
  1. What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?
Physically I need to maintain exercising, eating right, and keeping injuries to a minimum. Spiritually I will need to just keep moving forward to find my way. Psychologically, meditation seems to really work for me.
  1. Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (Was it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.)
I understand all the concepts of this exercise but honestly I found this exercise more frustrating than helpful. I almost felt like picturing all the shapes, colors, body part, and meanings to be more annoying and less relaxing personally but I can see if your mind wanders a lot during meditation, this type of exercise could work for you.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I believe that physical and spiritual wellness really go hand-in-hand. Although spiritually you may not feel as "tuned" as you are physically, I think your mind is able to hone in on enlightenment even when we don't even recognize it as being such. I think finding "purpose" is a beautiful thing that life has to offer us, as we grow older! I am a 41 year old single mother of two boys; and until this past year of truly "getting out of my comfort zone" and staying out of my comfort zone...I had NO idea what my purpose on this wonderful planet was...but as I sit here on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon, after spending an amazing day with my best friend & business partner, Will (who I have recently fallen in love with)...has brightened my world & made me see that my purpose in life is and has always been right in front of my very eyes...I just hadn't wiped the fog off of my glasses to see it yet! YOUR DAY WILL COME...just be patient...the message will be sent to you loud & clear; when you are ready to embrace it! :0)

    ReplyDelete